Sunday, January 30, 2011

"The Taming of the Shrew" and "Kiss Me Kate"

.

Around this time of year many schools have some sort of production to include "Kiss Me Kate" or "The Taming of the Shrew" etc. I remember when I was a little girl I would see posters up advertising one of these plays usually "Kiss Me Kate" and I would see a grown woman draped over a man's knee. I also remember getting butterflies in my tummy and turning red when I saw these posters. I was confused at the time as to why this was , what is it about SPANKING that I enjoyed so much.
I saw the 1950's version of "KMK" with my entire family once and couldn't wait for the spanking scene. I thought Kathryn Grayson was so beautiful and I loved the way she squealed during her spanking. Howard Keel was sooo handsome, I would fantasize about him spanking me. When the scene finally came my face turned so red my mother thought I had a fever. I remember her getting out the thermometer to check my body temp.
When I was in High school we had to read a Shakespeare play. I went to the library and looked for "The Taming of the Shrew", when I found it I became ecstatic! Not only did I find the book but right on the front cover was a spanking!!! I remember going to school and when I would take the bus or walk I would purposely have the front cover in plain view. If I saw a cute guy I would sit next to him and try my hardest for him to see the cover. I even dropped the book a few times so some cute guy would pick it off the floor for me.

I rented the movie with Liz Taylor but was so disappointed when I saw that it contained no spanking... What a drag I remember thinking.
Some advertisements can be so misleading. One movie that is based on the "The Taming of the Shrew" is my favorite movie of all time, "McKLINTOCK." The first spanking was just OK but the the second one towards the end was fantastic! All those people watching as John Wayne places Maureen O'Hara over his lap for a rather lengthy and very public spanking is priceless. When the DVD re-mastered version came out I purchased it and like I did years before with my book I walked all over the mall carrying it so everyone can catch a glimpse of the cover. Imagine a mini-skirted grown woman walking around with "McKLINTOCK" in her hand, LOL! One time I had a salesman over who was freaking hot. I excused myself and went into the other room with the 46" flat screen. I put the "McKLINTOCK" DVD on and fast forward it to about five minutes before the spanking scene, I then called him over and had him show me his product in the living room. I told him I did not want to miss the ending of my favorite movie.
As soon as the spanking began he just froze and glued his eyes right to the TV. Now how about an adult version of "Kiss Me Kate" one with a bare bottom spanking. I saw a poster with the French and Spanish advertisements of the 1950's classic and I saw that Kathryn Grayson's skirt was raised up and she was getting a panty-clad spanking. I love our European friends because they are not as uptight as we Americans are. But wait I also saw an English version of the same. She's getting spanked on her panties! I know this never occurred in the real movie so if anyone has any input please let me know.
.
So how about those adult versions, what if you saw a poster on a wall containing lets say a bare bottom spanking. Not only would the spanking be on the bare but also lengthy 5-10 minutes. Would you go and see the play? I told my husband that I would love to put on a modern version of "The Taming of the Shrew" and would even get spanked on the bare bottom for all to see. How many eyes would be glued to that? Regardless if you are into spanking or not I don't think there is an adult guy who wouldn't enjoy watching. Ofcourse the audience needs to be over eighteen for admittance. He and I both had some acting experience and I already have the posters all made out!

8 comments:

Brett B said...

I'd love to see you in a live theater version. It could be performed about once a week, as we wouldn't want your bottom suffering too frequently. ;)

McLintock! was a HUGE experience for me. I saw it the first time when I was a young teenager.

I wish when I was in my late teens/early 20s I'd met a girl dropping all kinds of not-so-subtle hints that she was into spanking. I'd have definitely taken the hint. :)

OldFashionGirl said...

I'm sure you would of!!! Lol. xoxo

Ron said...

Amazing post, thank you so much. Great stuff and many memories.

McLintock, same here saw it in mylate teens. Wathced it for the first time with my brother and his wife who loved with us and funny, remember right after they went to the bedroom, I could hear them banging!!! That movie confirmed the erotic side of spanking for me. Many nights of pleasure watching that movie.

Thanks for the post.

Always
Ron

Web-Ed said...

The largest collection of KMK spanking scenes may be found at Chross (which is where I found this post, as a matter of fact). I've also got a small selection with some commentary about the show at Chicago Spanking Review.

I'm not sure which version had the spanking take place directly on panties, but it may have been the 1968 T.V. version with Robert Goulet and Carol Lawrence. I think she either got the spanking on panties or else had her maid apply an icepack there in the following scene.

petruchio said...

There was some other pre-publicity, suggesting that Taylor would be spanked in the film version of The Taming of the Shrew. Did she refuse? Was it cut? She did after all pose for a couple of spanking publicity shots for Father of the Bride.

By the way, it's not MCKLINTOCK. It's McLintock! Report to me after school.

Dave Wolfe said...

Excellent post, Veronica, and congrats on making the Chross weekly list again!

I'd cast you in "Kiss Me Kate" withour even making you sing! I figure the "singing" would come later! ;-)

By the way, I'm sending folks over to see your "cartoon spanking" post as well!!

Wolfie

OldFashionGirl said...

Thanks Dave and petruchio. xoxo

OldFashionGirl said...

Lol! That's not the first time I spelled Mclintock with a K. You are right I should be SPANKED!